Desi Cow Ghee is known as the golden medicine of Ayurveda. It is sometimes referred to as “clarified butter”, as all of the milk solids have been removed from it. After this process, you are left with a nutritious, easy to digest (lactose and casein free), healing oil that can be used as food or as medicine
What Dose it do
- Strengthens The Immune System
- Provides Essential Vitamins
- Provides Essential Healthy Fats
- Positively Affects The Mind And Mood
How to Use
- Store in a glass or Steal container
- Use with your meal in hot chapatti or daal
- Mix with warm cow milk and take after meal
What make it so good
This Bilona Ghee Prepared by shree Nandanvan godham mahatirth where they Capet only Indian breed cows like kankrej, Sanchori and Gir cows only. Milking is done by hands after feeding calf properly.
It is prepared by traditional Indian method where we use A2 cow milk for making cured. Then the Curd is hand churned(bi-directional) to extract Makkhan in earthen pot. obtained makkhan is slowly heated to extract Bilona ghee.
Did you know
- The quality and the taste of the Ghee will change as the time of year and the diet of the cows change. Remember the milk contains the essence of the feed and the ghee contains the essence of the milk.
- The making of Ghee is a very beautiful and peaceful experience. The sound of softly boiling butter, the pouring of the thick golden liquid into earthen pots; this wonderful smell permeates the space.
GavyaMart Pure Bilona Desi Cow Ghee is form the method used in previous yugas, is to make curd from whole milk. Then churn it to separate makhan from it and then boil it to get Ghee. This is called whole milk ghee and it is the costliest but has all medicinal properties of Desi cow’s milk. To manufacture 1 kg of such ghee, it takes approximate 35 liters of Desi cow milk. The only bi product is chaas (no milk is left as it is converted into curd). So this method is expensive.
Health Benefits and Uses:
- Increases the digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Increases one’s energy, vitality and immunity (Ojas).
- Detoxifies the body (widely used in cleansing therapies).
- Used for cellular rejuvenation.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Heals the intestinal wall.
- Reduces Pitta and Vata dosha.
- Strengthens and nourishes the brain and nervous system.
- Enhances the health properties of herbs when taken together.
- Healthy alternative to butter and oil and can be added to any dish.
Contraindications: Ghee is not recommended for individuals with a strong Kapha imbalance such as high cholesterol or obesity. In general, it is not recommended to consume more than 3 tsp (1 Tbsp) daily for all body types unless otherwise stated.
General Directions: Desi Cow Ghee can be added to any dish to enhance digestion and absorption of nutrients. Add 1 tsp to each meal or use ghee in replacement of butter or oil in a recipe.
Key Features of Bilona Gherr
- Boosts digestion: According to Ayurveda expert, Dr. Ashutosh Gautam, "Ghee is one of the most easily digestible fats used for cooking. Ghee is a natural remedy for balancing the heat element (pitta) of the body. It aids in digestion, prevents constipation and helps in the excretion of toxins.
- Helps in weight loss: Celebrity Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar sets this myth straight by calling desi ghee the 'fat that makes you thin'. In her book, 'Don't Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight', she explains that the type of saturated fat that Desi Ghee has is the short-chain-fatty acid. This helps to burn the stubborn fat in the body while regulating your metabolism.
- High smoke point:
The smoke point is the temperature at which an oil begins to burn and smoke. Not only does heating a cooking fat above its smoke point put it at a greater risk of hitting its flash point and causing a fire, but it also breaks down important phytonutrients and causes the fat to oxidize and form harmful free radicals. Desi ghee has a high heat point which means that it doesn't burn easily while other oils may break down and release free radicals when heated at high temperatures. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause damage to your cells and also increase the risk of disease. Moreover, Indian cooking requires a lot of sauteing and therefore, it is better to use desi ghee which won't breakdown easily.
- Balances your hormones: According to Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Practitioner, Shilpa Arora, "The fat content in our body is mostly saturated fat and only 3% coming from other types. This ratio is absolutely important to know for our health and well-being. This prestigious golden elixir is rich in Vitamin K2 which builds hormones along with Vitamin A, D, E & K."
- Strengthens immunity and helps in bone development: As kids, we were given a spoonful of desi ghee daily to boost our immunity and make our bones strong. Desi ghee acts as a strong microbial, anti-cancer and antiviral agent. It is a rich source of fat soluble vitamins that help in growth and development of the bones.
- Good for your heart: Vitamin K2 found in desi ghee helps in preventing calcium deposits in the arteries that can lead to blockages and obstruct blood flow. It lowers bad cholesterol levels and increases good cholesterol levels, thus maintaining a healthy balance.
- Packed with Fat-Soluble Vitamins:Adding a few servings of ghee into your day is an excellent way to squeeze in some extra fat-soluble vitamins. Ghee can help boost your intake of vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin K, all important nutrients that play a role in everything from maintaining healthy vision to keeping your skin glowing.
- Free of Lactose and Casein:One of the best ghee benefits is that it’s free of lactose and casein protein. Some individuals have a milk allergy, which may stem from a heightened sensitivity to casein, and others may be hypersensitive to lactose. For individuals with a casein allergy, the reaction may include swelling of lips, mouth, tongue, face or throat; hives; or congestion. People who are suffering from lactose sensitivity can use Bilona ghee which can meet your daily need.
- Contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid: Ghee is jam-packed with conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a fatty acid associated with a long list of health benefits. Some studies have found that CLA may be effective in reducing body fat, preventing cancer formation, alleviating inflammation and even lowering blood pressure. Keep in mind that grass-fed dairy provides a higher concentration of this important fatty acid.